Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quilt Along!

There is a wonderful online quilt-along going on at http://www.oldredbarnco.blogspot.com/ with weekly prizes too. The final prize is a dreamy sewing machine that practically sews on it's own! The quilt along is a 6 week endeavor where an entire quilt will be made start to finish. I decided to try my hand at it and I am so excited. I finished my topper today and next week we start the quilting and binding. I made my quilt in beautiful Paula Prass Flights of Fancy fabric. You had to have 12 prints and I only had 10 of Paula's prints so I added two Amy Butler prints also. This project has been so much fun. I never realized the work that goes into quilting... the ironing, cutting the strips, sewing the strips together, cutting the blocks from the sewn strips, and then sewing the blocks together- whew!




No comments:

Post a Comment