Saturday, May 23, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the my first ever blogging post.... and the launch of Plain Jane Sews blogsite! I have been sewing for family and friends for a couple of years. My mother was a wonderful sewer~ I remember picking out the fabrics for the clothes she made us. She also made us stuffed animals and other creations. I think that is where my love of sewing has it beginnings... I love sewing children's clothing, pillows, quilts, purses and bags, and more. Sewing is a creative outlet and a way to justify my fabric obsession. My friend, Danielle, has convinced me to offer my creations for sale. Since my passion is the creative sewing side and I possess zero business skills, my amazing & savvy friend, Danielle, will be keeping me on track as I try this out. Thanks D!

This is D's gorgeous daugher in her knot dress in Kitty Yoshida fabrics last fall...

My neice, Sadie, in her Kitty Yoshida dress...
My darling son in his favorite thing ever- hoodies! And a hoodie for D's Daughter in Chicks Rule fabric...
My nephew, Timothy, in his airplane shirt and shorts outfit...

My gf daughter in a roundneck dress... and my niece, Olivia, in her Euro hoodie dress...

A baby rag doll I made my neice, Sadie, for the one year anniversary of her adoption last fall.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm officially your blog creeper, but when I go home next to clean out the ranch, I'm totally taking a picture of a joint venture between you and your mom - a quilt for my beloved baby bed (I think I was 3??) Ahh that striped fabric is such a part of my childhood! Anyway, pictures are coming!

    ReplyDelete