Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All Saints Day parade

Halloween is over and it is time for All Saints Day at school this week. St. Michael is the protector of heavenly armies and policeman. His teacher did not want us to spend money on costumes.. I think I did pretty well- my goal was to spend $5 or less. I bought these new flip flops for 50 cents at the Goodwill- spray painted them gold. Wings are coat hanger wire with a nylon stocking on them spray painted gold $1. Leather skirt is left over pleather from Halloween costume. White skirt is 1/2 yd of white cotton from stash. Silver armour shirt was an adult running shirt for 99 cents from the Goodwill that I cut up to make this shirt and added pleather shoulder strips to look like shoulder armour. Gold taffeta sash was a half yd on clearance with a coupon for $1.79 at Joanns. Ribbon on sandals was $1.99 for a whole roll. He has as sword and a little justice scales he will carry too.


Here is the look we were going for...




Our costume turned out like this..




I sewed a little eye hook to the back of the shirt to hold up the wings but realized I sewed the opposite piece to the wrong side of the wings! whoops- easy fix though.

No comments:

Post a Comment