Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Some Halloween sewing just in the nick of time for trick or treating!


Well it has been a long time since I made a blog entry! We struggled through a round with the nasty H1N1 flu bug and we seem to be on the mend now. I barely managed to get these Halloween costumes sewn up in time for trick or treating. Michael is Obi Wan from Star Wars and Daniel is Ash Ketchum- master Pokemon trainer.

A huge shoutout to Kellie, a fellow sewingmama for sending me the pattern for this really hard to find Star Wars costume. And she wouldn't let me even pay for postage! Thanks Kellie!

.

Here is my son in his Obi Wan outfit... I made a few mistakes, but he didn't seem to care. It is a little big and the shoulder armour moves around a little bit. I added some pleather to the waist band for a faux belt with a pleather velcro wrapper to hold his saber and made some pleather boot covers too. The dickey came out a little short but it is hidden under the tunic. His pants are Kwik Sew for children.


On the right is my son who is Ash Ketchum- master Pokemon trainer. My husband did his hat for me. I used a Kwik Sew campshirt and modified it a little to make it look like Ash. And of course a little backpack to carry Pikachu along... The middle kid is my nephew in his TMNT costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment