Saturday, August 20, 2011

My new Singer 401K~ inherited from my Gramma Jane

My new Singer 401K from my Gramma Jane's estate~ love, love, love , love....
My new baby~ I am so honored to have inherited her from my wonderful 92 year old Gramma Jane who passed away this spring.  I feel like my Gramma is right here with me in my house and especially in all my sewing room.  Now I just need to decide on the perfect name for her.  She is my first truly vintage machine.  All my sewing friends rave about vintage machines especially the Singer Featherweight, 401K, and the 500 Rockateers.  I am so happy to have this 401K in my collection!

My wonderful Aunt Mary Jane had the daunting task of heading up the sorting out my Grandmother's household with my other aunts and my Gramma's sister, Jo.  Gramma Jane had eight children, 24 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren.  Thanks Aunt Mary Jane for thinking of me for this wonderful treasure! I can't wait to get her oiled up and running~ she is is great shape. 

She also came with this awesome mid-century modern sewing stool with thread storage and the original manual, cams, and my favorite~ the :Made Especially for you by Jane" sew in labels that my Gramma used on all her handcrafted creations! I am so happy!




The original sewing table and stool with storage filled with thread!


Original manual, Cams, Feet and the tags my Gramma put on all her handcrafted goodies! See the ruffler???
Pin cushion I made for my Gramma long, long ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment